TripIt by Concur gives you a single view of all your trips, to help you keep it all straight–even if you’re planning one while still on another. The (free) benefits don’t stop there. Whether it’s a business trip, a family vacation or a quick weekend away, TripIt will organize your information in seconds. Simply forward your confirmation emails to Tripit.com and the TripIt app will take it from there.
TripIt published an analysis of May and June travel trends based on flight, lodging, and car rental reservations stored in the app, here’s what to expect:
May Travel Guide
- Overall volume is up: compared to this time last year, we’ll see an uptick in flights (58%), hotels (119%), car rentals (38%) and vacation rentals (20%) this month.
- Friday, May 26—the start of Memorial Day weekend—will be the busiest day to check in to hotels. Top destinations for the 5/26 check in are New York, Las Vegas, Chicago, and Orlando.
June Travel Guide
- June travel is up across the board, almost. YoY reservations will be up for flights (96%), rental cars (38%), and vacation rentals (25%), but down 68% for hotels.
- The busiest flight departure dates will be June 1 and June 2, particularly at SFO, LAX, and DEN.
- June travelers are getting ready for a long vacation: the average length of a trip via flight is 10.2 days compared to 7.6 in May and 5.6 in April.
- Where are folks going? All types of summer getaways:
- Orlando is consistently a top spot, but outdoor destinations Denver, Seattle, San Diego, and Anchorage also rank high for vacation rentals.
- Chicago ranks #1 for flights in June, followed by cities like Boston, London, New York, and Vegas.
- International destinations including London, Cancun, Paris, and Rome also crack the top flight destinations for June