By now I am sure you have heard of eufy, an Anker Innovations brand. Well as they have done in the past, they take a ho hum product and add something that makes you say, why didn’t I think of that. Especially as of late, it seems packages have been stolen from in front of doorsteps, so why not add a camera to help with that situation. EXACTLY!
Package stealing has always been a thing but over the past 2+ years it has gotten progressively worse. Well eufy took that into consideration. As we know, many other doorbell security cameras will do a good job notifying you that someone is at your door, but what if they let you know that you have a package or even better yet, send you reminders if you haven’t grabbed your package from the front door in a few hours? That problem is now solved with the eufy doorbell dual. There are times where, depending who drops off a package at my front door, they may or may not ring my doorbell. Now I will get notified if there is a package and have set the app to remind be every 2 hours till it is picked up.
I have read that the package notification does not do as good of a job when it comes to groceries or food as it is not a box. That said I do not receive those deliveries so it was hard for me to state either way. All my packages (99.9%) are boxes and it worked very well for them.
Installation for the doorbell was super easy. The hardest part was due to the fact that I have an inset narrow door frame so I had to build up with a piece of wood behind the camera so it provides the best clear view. The Video Doorbell Dual is battery-powered, with up to six months of battery life depending on usage. You can also hard wire it to an existing doorbell which will allow you to not worry about the battery life and use your existing indoor doorbell chimes.
- Dual Cam Technology: The view offered by ordinary cameras is just too limited to provide complete protection. With the Porch View Camera, blind spots are eliminated and your doorstep is in full view.
- Dual Motion Detection: The advanced PIR and radar motion sensors are able to distinguish both near and far subjects and reduce 95% of false alarms.
- Delivery Guard: Get instantly notified when your package arrives with Delivery Guard. Plus, you’ll receive pick-up reminders and alerts if someone approaches your package.
- 2K with HDR: 2K HD surveillance ensures visitors can be identified from the smallest details. And thanks to high dynamic range, visitors who are backlit by the sun can be seen in perfect color and clarity.
For me a big key to having a eufy doorbell is that I am already in their eco system and it did not make sense to have a doorbell on a second app. I like the way it is easy to select a specific day in the video feed to review or even to remove any old footage. I do wish that I could select a bunch of videos in one shot and then delete all of them vs having to remove each video separately.
Eufy’s mobile app is easy to use with ton of options. Keep in mind when you first learn the ins and outs you could find yourself walking down a rabbit hole. This did though help me figure out a few issues I had and where the settings were to fix them (like the auto ring response that kept talking each and every time I came to the door.
It does a good job of guiding users through the installation process, providing step by step instructions on setting up the Homebase, pairing the doorbell, and physically mounting it.
The HomeBase 2 contains 16GB local storage (lasts up to 90 days). The recording duration estimation model is 25 recordings per day; each recording lasts 15 seconds and can be adjusted to increase security.
- Both a front facing and package camera
- Left package notifications
- No more monthly storage fees of $3-$6 per month
- Set familiar faces for family and friends in its facial recognition app features
- Sub par night vision
- Notifications latency
- Wish I could change the exterior chimes (hopefully in a future app update)
You can purchase the eufy Video Doorbell Duo on the eufy website.
Where to buy: eufy, Amazon
Disclosure: I received the eufy Video Doorbell Dual with Homebase 2 in exchange for my honest review. The opinions expressed in my review are my own. No other compensation was given
One Comment Add yours