One of the hardest things for any business to do is to smoothly relocate from one area to another. When you want to move to a new house, you know the pain of packing everything up and moving to a new place. Smoothly relocating has to be a priority for you and that means that you need a few months to repair to get this right. Even the smallest detail matters when you’re moving your business, and your planning has to be completely on point.
The good news is that with the help of companies like flexfleetrental.com you can ensure that your move to your new business location is a smooth one. The issue with your move is going to come when you are trying to move a large scale business to a brand new location – that gets a little tricker. Either way, you need to consider how you can make it happen as well as possible. So, with this in mind, here are all the tips you need to ensure that your business relocation is the best possible option.
- Make sure that you have a timeline. For packing and for moving, you need a timeline to ensure that you are going to be able to follow a plan to the letter. Planning is the key to all moves whether commercial or not, and with the right planning you’re going to be able to book the tow truck, the rubbish trucks for the clutter and the packing boxes, too. Make sure that you plan your time well and when you do you should be sure to get everyone involved. The more people in the business know what’s going on, the more you’re going to get things moving properly and without losing cash on the way.
- You need to give everyone notice. When you give your team time to plan this move, it won’t go anything other than smoothly. You have to be sure that your entire team of staff are aware of the changes ahead so that they can move along with the plans. It gives everyone a chance to evaluate and plan correctly, and this ensures that the whole relocation is one that’s done as a united team.
- Get to know your moving costs. How much is this relocation going to cost your business? Moving your business isn’t a cheap thing to do and every single bit of cash that you have to go to the move should be squirreled away and sent to all of the right areas of your move. Movers and transport are the two most important things that your business needs to do more smoothly, so make sure that you have the money for them.
- Hire a cleaner. Before you have the keys back to your commercial landlord, bring in the cleaners to completely clean things out. It’s nice to get the team gathered to clean the place, but hiring the experts to clean your office is a smart choice to make. You need to make sure that you get your deposit back and this is the best way to do it.
- Tell your vendors. If you have vendors that you plan to keep using, it’s courtesy to let them know you are changing business addresses. When you are relocating but remain in the same area, you can bet that you can carry on using the same vendors and suppliers. They will make sure that you still get your shipped equipment and materials and they’ll ensure that you don’t lose out on anything, either.
- Let the customers know. Your business moving to a new location is harder when you are a brick and mortar business with customers relying on you. You have to be able to offer a stellar service no matter what and the customers are the key to that. If you give your customers notice that you will be moving with signage, adverts and even door to door leafleting, you’re going to appeal to them and let them know that they are important to you.
- Schedule your movers. Lastly, make sure that you book and pay for your movers as far in advance as possible. You want to know that your movers are ready and able to get you to your new premises on the day without any issues or interruptions. Just like everything else, this has to be as planned out as possible. Meet with your movers before you get them booked in so that you know you made the right choice.