When someone in your life owes you money, you need to know where they are to be able to get your money back again. You can find people who owe you money but it takes time and possibly cash to manage it. It’s never nice to be owed cash, but that doesn’t mean that you have to wait it out.
The good news is that you can find someone who owes you money, even if they skip town on you. With batch skip tracing with a tracing company, for example, you can ensure that you find the person who owes you and get your money back in a timely way. There are plenty of ways that you can do this, however, and we’ve got a few ways you can find someone who owes you!
- Search your local county records. You can perform a search of recorder records and county assessor records. These are usually available on their websites and if you know where they are living, you can search the real estate and personal property records for them all. These records are updated years, and if they’re paying their taxes, you’ll be able to find them. This can only work, however, if they are a homeowner.
- Look over court and criminal records. The person who owes you money doesn’t have to be a hardened criminal to have a criminal record. Something as simple as a traffic ticket can be traceable and you will end up being able to track the person who owes you money with a criminal records check. You can search internet sites for a background check, and usually this takes a one-time fee. Once you do this search, you’ll be able to tell whether or not someone who owes you is local.
- Check out the phone book. The white pages online, the physical phone book and online records should be able to tell you whether they are in the same location you expect them to be in.
- Rely on social media. Almost everyone has some form of social media today, which means that you can search out all social media sites to see whether they are active online. Check every platform, including LinkedIn, as this will tell you where they work, too.
- Contact their employer. If you find their place of work, contact them on that phone number. They won’t be able to run from there and you can ensure that you get their individual working email address, too.
- Hire a skip trace agency. Did you know that you can hire an agency to trace someone? They will be able to pull up all previous known addresses and personal property ,including all of the addresses they’ve ever had. This will give you an idea of whether or not they are anywhere you can find them. The more money they owe you, the more you should be using these agencies to help you.
You shouldn’t have to be owed money for any longer than is necessary.