There is nothing better on a sunny day than packing up a picnic and heading to scenic spot for some summer grub. This weekend why not plan to head out to a local park in your area and enjoy some snacks and drinks with a view?
Dining alfresco is always a fun way to spend a Saturday, and today we want to share with you some of the ways you can plan the perfect picnic this weekend with the family!
Make amazing foods
The first step to having the ideal picnic is creating some simple foods that you can easily travel with. That’s why we have 2 quick sandwich recipes for you to try on your next picnic:
Halloumi and eggplant sandwiches
This veggie option is delicious and packed with nutrients. It’s easy to make and will be the ideal choice for a summer day.
For 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices multi seed bread
- 4 tbsp. hummus
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 4 slices beef tomato
- 8 slices halloumi
- 6 slices eggplant
- Sprinkle salt on your eggplant slices to draw out moisture. After 10 minutes pat dry and pan fry until charred on both sides.
- Toast your bread, remove, and spread Houmous on each slice.
- Take your halloumi slices and pan fry them on both sides until golden.
- Construct the sandwich starting with spinach.
- Lay your eggplant on top of the spinach followed by halloumi.
- Add the tomato slices and top with the bread, cut in half.
Chicken tikka wraps
These simple spicy wraps are easy for any picnic.
For 2 wraps
- 2 tortilla wraps
- 1 chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp tandoori seasoning
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp mint
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ½ tomato, diced
- Add seasoning to your chicken and drizzle with oil. Pan fry until cooked through.
- Mix yogurt and mint together and taste, adjust levels to your taste.
- Assemble your wraps. Add mint yogurt, then chicken, cucumber, and tomato. Finish with some optional mango chutney and wrap up.
Pack up some drinks
Bringing the ideal drinks to your picnic is also an important component. As well as bringing a bottle of water for hydration, consider a mini bottle of wine each or some small bottles of beer. Have fun with your drink options and make a day of it!
Pack up your truck
Now it’s time to pack up your 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 truck with the essentials for the picnic. As well as packing food and drink, you will want to pack up some coats and umbrellas in case the weather changes, some spare boots, and something to entertain you during the picnic such as card game or a board game. You could even bring your tablet with you and download a movie to enjoy a movie on the hills.
Bring a blanket
The blanket is the most important part of your picnic because it is where you will sit and how you’ll be comfortable. Choose a large blanket and also consider bringing along a couple of cushions for extra coziness.