There are many luxuries out there in life but one that you should be considering as a necessity as much as a luxury is a car. There are cars you buy because you have to (the cheaper ones) and then there are the cars that you buy because you really just want one. We have all got a list of goals that we want to meet at some point throughout our lives and if you have a luxury car on your goals list, then why not choose the one you really want to buy?
The biggest question that people often have is whether they should lease a car or buy one, but it’s always better to buy your own car. Buying a car allows you to go where you want to be when you want to be there. Whether you are shopping in a Porsche or you are heading for Allen Hyundai to get a car that you can use wherever you go, you need to know thirteen reasons you should say yes and go for the car that you want. Ready? Let’s dive in!
- If you lease a car, you will have continuous payments to make for the car. The moment you stop making the payments, you have to give the car up and often, you have to pay a balloon payment at the end of the lease. Most of the time, dealers attempt to seduce people with another lease so that they will continue to pay for the car. This means that the payments never quite end. However, when you buy your own car, you don’t have to worry about it!
- When you buy your own car, you have the option to sell it later if you want to make some extra cash. Car owners get to sell their vehicles, but those who lease a car don’t get to. Car owners can sell for more than they paid, too, which will mean that even when you’ve driven it around for a number of years, you can still sell your car for a profit. It all depends on the condition of your car at the time of listing it.
- You can drive it as much as you want when you buy your own car. If you lease, you have a cap on how much you can drive each year. The mileage is capped and you don’t get to go where you want as you please. The limit of how much you can drive with a leased car will depend on your car brand.
- When you buy a car, there’s no such thing as an early termination charge. This is your car; you can pay your finance cost if you buy it this way, and that’ll be that. You won’t have to worry about termination charges when you buy, and that’s one more weight off your shoulders.
- When you choose to buy a car, any dings or scratches are your responsibility but there’s no overinflated costs to worry about. If you bump your car, no one is making you fix it as soon as possible and you can choose to fix it on your own. If you’re a car owner, you don’t worry about any of this; you just worry about paying your repairs as you need to. You are responsible for the condition of your car, without any extra fees for wear and tear to someone else.
- You can modify it! If you want to make changes to your vehicle, you can! You are the owner, so should you want a new car wrap or a paint job, you can put one together and pay for it yourself. You can update your stereo system, improve the wheels and upgrade your interior if you want to.
- The upfront costs of buying a car may well be high for some, but it’s a fact that you will pay much more over time if you lease. You could instead, own a car that’s your own and no one else’s when you buy, and you don’t have to worry about anyone else having used it before.
- When you buy, you get options for finance. You can choose to save the money and buy outright, or you can choose to finance. Either way, your choice in how you buy your car is all yours. You can buy it over a couple of years if you want to, too. If you lease, you have to pay for it in one way – via the dealership.
- Did you know that your interest rate when you buy a car is much lower than if you lease it? If you buy your car, you will have to pay interest but it won’t be anywhere near the same amount. You can ensure that your costs are lower this way!
- When you buy a car, the warranty will be so much better than if you lease one. A new car warranty is so much better because no one is relying on you to keep the car looking good. A dealership relies on the car being fixed repeatedly to make their money.
- You want to get around! If there was ever a great reason for buying, it’s getting where you want to go. You can have so much more freedom when you own your own car, and the choice you have of brands for vehicles is much bigger than you think!
- Buying a car is a power move. If you want a car for work, and you can afford to buy one, it makes you look good. If you want to level up from getting the bus, you can buy a car and you’ll find that it’s one of the best ways to get around without many restrictions. You can go on your own time, at your own pace and as you please.
- Lastly, you have options. You can go cheap and cheerful or you can go high end and luxurious. Your car is your choice and you can make it a luxury one!