If you don’t know by now, Anker is a brand I use and trust for an wide array of tech solutions. Home camera security, to charger cords and power banks so when Anker approached me to check out their PowerConf S500 I gladly expected. The PowerConf S500 is built around voice quality, and it does not disappoint.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, as many of us have, I started working from home since March of last year and conference calls have become more and more the norm. I used my laptop for online meetings but occasionally but the speaker/microphone set up on a PC is extremely limited.
The Anker PowerConf S500 is a very good conference speaker that is priced competitively in the market. It has all the connection methods you could need for any situation, and the sound will not disappoint. The S500 rechargeable battery can last for up to 16 hours of call time, but if you have the speaker connected to your computer via USB, it will get its power from that source. I like the semi-hard zippered case that it comes with. That makes taking it on the go even nicer.
There are four soft buttons on the top for volume up and down, mute and call answer. Its 32-kilohertz Ultra-HD voice codec and customizable voice tracking mode and 360-degree, are great for any small to medium size conference room so in my home, it certainly sounds great. Working from home and all the background noise of a household is no challenge for the Anker PowerConf.
Anker has also created a new app called Anker Work. The app will help you get connected and change the voice pickup modes, check the battery level, update the firmware, mute the speaker and change its volume right from the app.
A little about this item:
- VoiceRadar Technology: PowerConf S500 speakerphone automatically focuses on voice sources in the room while eliminating unwanted noise. Speech is delivered without any of the echos and distractions of a hectic meeting room.
- Sensitive Voice Pickup: 4 microphones with 32KHz sampling rate transmit your voice in stunning definition and clarity. Full duplex communication ensures clear 2-way audio even when both ends are speaking simultaneously.
- Zoom Certified: Zoom Rooms certification means that PowerConf S500 meets Zoom’s highest professional standards. Their strictest tests say it delivers performance for rooms of up to 12 people.
- Hi-Fi Grade Sound: An acoustically tuned 1.75-inch speaker delivers performance that exceeds the demands of ordinary speakerphones. Music and other audio is played in amazing quality.
- Double Up: Wirelessly pair two S500s to increase coverage in rooms of up to 20 people.
- Easy to Use: Connect to plug and play via USB-C, or wirelessly via Bluetooth or the included dongle. No IT knowledge required
Anker says the speaker is appropriately sized for a meeting of up to 12 people, but if you have a large meeting (or a very long conference table), you can always pair two S500s together for even greater coverage. The S500 can be connected wired, via a USB-C cable or wirelessly through Bluetooth so versatility is not an issue.
What’s In The Box:
The Anker PowerConf S500 speakerphone comes complete with the PowerConf S500, Travel Case, USB-C Cable, USB-C to USB-A adapter and a Bluetooth Dongle.
Where to buy: Anker
Disclosure: I received the Anker PowerConf S500 speakerphone in exchange for my honest review. The opinions expressed in my review are my own. No other compensation was given.