- 2 ounces limoncello
- 1 ounce vodka
- ½ ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ice enough to fill cocktail shaker ⅔ up
- lemon slice
- ¼ cup sugar for rim
- Pour a thin layer of sugar onto a small plate ( just larger than the rim of your martini glass.) I use a breakfast plate and about ¼ cup of sugar.
- Prepare martini glass by lightly running the rim of the glass with the fleshy wet part of a cut lemon to dampen it, then dip the moistened rim of the glass into the sugar, gently shaking off any excess.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain into the prepared martini glass. Garnish with a slice of lemon and serve.
Should I reveal my limoncello recipe? Let us know in the comments.