We are all seriously excited for this summer, aren’t we? We have been locked indoors for too long! As the months progress, the restrictions will be lifted all over the world, and we will be able to do more. Whether it is traveling to another state or country, seeing family and loved ones, or simply going to your favorite restaurant, we are sure that there is a lot that you are looking forward to doing over the coming months. However, if you are struggling with some good ideas, do not worry, as we have got you covered. Below, we are going to take you through some exciting ideas regarding what you can do in the sunshine over the coming months. We hope that you will find something that takes your interest.
- Try a new outdoor sport – There is only one place to begin when it comes to the different things that you can do in the summer sun, and this is by playing an outdoor sport. There are so many great sports that you can enjoy outdoors. There are team sports, like volleyball, as well as sports that you can enjoy on your own or with a few friends, like golf. With the Masters coming up, we’re sure a lot of people will be heading to the local golf course! Aside from this, there are sports that you may not have tried before, like pickleball. You can pick up pickleball balls online so that you can easily enjoy a game with friends and loved ones in your garden! Or, why not set up a mini boot camp for yourself in the garden?
- Birdwatch – Another fun thing to do during the summer months is to watch the birds in your local area. Sit in your garden and grab a pair of binoculars. Enjoy watching everything that is around you. You will be surprised by how many different types of birds crop up. If you get yourself a good book on birds, you will be able to look up the different birds that you spot so that you can progress your knowledge.
- Go to a waterpark – One thing that is incredibly fun to do during the summer months is going to a waterpark. We are sure there will be a lot of waterparks opening up in many areas throughout the summer. You do not even need to be a thrill seeker to enjoy waterparks, as there is something for everyone. If you don’t like fast rides or those from a height, why not simply enjoy the lazy river? This is a feature that the vast majority of waterparks have today.
- Explore your local area – There is no better time to go for a long walk than when the sun is shining, is there? This gives you the chance to explore your local area. A lot of people are oblivious to the wealth of beauty and nature that surrounds them. We spend so much time planning our trips to out-of-state or overseas attractions that we often forget about what we have on our doorstep. There is no better time than this summer to truly explore your local area and all of the good stuff that it has to offer. We are sure you will not run out of things to explore.
- Have a BBQ with friends – Aside from the suggestions that we have mentioned so far, what is a summer without a good BBQ with friends and loved ones? This is the perfect opportunity to get everyone you love together. You can enjoy good food, good drink, and good company. Over the past 12 months, most of us will have not been able to spend much time with the people we love the most. Therefore, getting everyone together for a good catch-up is the perfect thing to do this summer.
- Make your own popsicles – If you are someone who likes to get creative in the kitchen, a fun thing to do throughout the summer months is to make your own popsicles. When the sun starts to shine, there is nothing better than a nice and refreshing popsicle, is there? However, rather than purchasing popsicles from your local supermarket, why not try to make your own instead? They are not difficult to do, and you can find lots of exciting and delicious recipes online, so you are bound to find a flavor that appeals to you. Plus, things always taste better when you have the pride of making them yourself, right?
- Forage for free food – While we are on the subject of making your own food, why not go foraging? Foraging is a lot of fun, as it gets you out and about, enjoying nature! You can spot fresh ingredients that you can add to your basket. Take them home with you and enjoy cooking some unique and tasty meals. Of course, you do need to be safe when foraging, as not everything that grows from the ground is suitable for eating!
- Get yourself a hammock and enjoy a good book – Is there anything more relaxing than lying in a hammock in the summer sun? A hammock is a cheap yet luxury item for any garden. All you need to complete the picture is an interesting book. There are lots of great summer novels on the market at the moment, so you are bound to find something that is fitting for the warm weather and the season ahead. Once your hammock is up, we are sure you will want to spend as much time as possible in your garden.
- Plan a creative picnic – Another fun thing that most people like to do during the summer months is to go for a picnic. If this is something that appeals to you, why not make things a little bit different and opt for a creative picnic instead? Stay away from the typical sandwiches and strawberries, and instead, try to plan a picnic that you would not typically expect! You may want to do a themed picnic, for example, you could choose to do a pink picnic or a picnic-themed on your favorite TV show. Or, you could focus on a particular cuisine. The options are well and truly endless, and you will have way more fun preparing a picnic like this.
- Relax – Last but not least, we cannot mention fun things to do in the sun without mentioning relaxing. There is nothing better than sitting back in the sunshine and embracing the warmth on your skin. Pour yourself a nice cocktail and simply unwind! After all, life is lived at such a fast pace today, so it is imperative that you find a bit of time for yourself. The sun gives you the perfect opportunity for a bit of self-care and relaxation. Play some gentle music or read a book. Do whatever makes you feel good and enables you to unwind.
So there you have it: some of the best and most fun things to do in the sunshine this summer. If you are looking to have some excitement in the sun, you will want to make sure that you’ve got a full list of different ideas, so that you never run out of something new to try! We are sure the ideas that we have mentioned above will keep you busy for quite some time. However, no matter what you do decide to do, we are sure that you will relish it more than ever when you consider how the past 12 months have gone.