Now TripIt shows safety scores from 1 to 100 for neighborhoods around the world, representing low to high risk. These scores cover a variety of categories, including a new LGBTQ category:
* Physical harm: including muggings, drug activity, gang prevalence, and police presence
* Women’s safety: including verbal harassment, physical assault, violence directed against women, and adequacy of women’s support facilities
* Health and medical: including environmental pollution and contamination, illnesses, regulation of sanitary conditions, and access to medical care
* Political freedoms: including political unrest, limited political rights, and incidences of riots and protests
* Theft: including petty theft, pickpocketing, burglaries, auto theft, and grand theft
* LGBTQ safety: including likelihood of harm or discrimination against LGBTQ persons or groups and level of caution required at location
“In partnership with TripIt, GeoSure is pleased to launch the first hyper-local safety awareness solution specifically fortraveling LGBTQ persons,” said Michael Becker, CEO of GeoSure. “Whether traveling for business or leisure, our singular focus is providing the most rapid safety awareness, granular to the neighborhood level, to help travelers have the smoothest and most enjoyable trip experience possible. Along with Women’s Safety, the LGBTQ Safety ratings further provision travelers with the most scaled and timely understanding of safety available.”
Switch From Day To Night
The neighborhood safety scores feature you know and love just got better. TripIt now shows a separate day and night safety rating for the neighborhoods you’re visiting—demonstrating how time of day impacts a traveler’s safety. The AM and PM neighborhood safety scores can be found in the TripIt app for all lodging, restaurants and activities that have an address.
Country-Specific Travel Information Now Available Within Your Itinerary
TripIt Pro makes international travel easier by showing logistics such as embassy information, currency conversions, socket and plug requirements, required vaccinations, tipping advice and more—for 180 countries.
Next time you travel internationally with TripIt, you will notice a passport button on your trip summary. Simply tap on it to find an array of tips and tools customized specifically to the country you are traveling to.
To help support you as you’re traveling around the world, we support French, German and Japanese confirmation emails. While TripIt remains English-optimized, travelers who receive confirmation emails in these languages will be able to see those plans, alongside all their other plans, right within their TripIt app.
Neighborhood safety scores are available on the Android and iOS mobile apps for all TripIt users. A subscription to TripIt Pro ($49/year) is required to access international travel tools. Be sure your app is updated to iOS 10.5 or Android 7.5 to experience the new features.