I have been in search for a solid pair of in ear TRULY wireless headphones that I could call my own without worrying that they will be quick to fall out of my ears and I think I have found them. The reason I say TRULY wireless is because prior to receiving the Jabra Elite Active 65t, I was using a pair or wireless headphones that had the tether wire around your neck. Though they were great, I wanted to avoid the wire all together.
My biggest concern was that they would easily fall out of my ears so I was thinking I would need ones with wings. Well the Active 65t do not have wings, they feel comfortable in your ear and I don’t worry about them falling out either.
These headphones provide 5 hours of listening and 15 with charge case which seems to be equivalent to most other fully wireless sets. You can get an additional 1.5 hours in a 15 minute charge for those emergencies. Since I really only use them for 1-2 hours at a time, I can’t attest to the accuracy of those numbers.
The headphones are sweat & dust with a IP56 rating and a 2-year warranty against sweat and dust. The Jabra Sound+ app is required for registration. I recommend the app anyway though because it opens up some nice features you will not get by just syncing with your phone. The left and right bud have never lost sync with each other and you listen to the right bud in solo mode if you are in a place where you need to keep one ear free.
The size and appearance of the earbuds are really nice. They are small which gave it a big plus over the Bose Soundsport Free in my opinion which were huge and stuck out of your ears WAY too much. Controls on the buds are much easier to control than the Bose as well. Apple iPods don’t give you that tight canal blocking that you get with the Jabra therefore providing way better sound. It’s closer to the Bose in shape yet more compact and sits mostly in the outer ear opening with minimal protrusion. The buds themselves are very lightweight, and I rarely notice them in my ears. They also have a nice grip like texture. This helps them stay in your ear when you get sweaty. The charging case is another example of good design. It has the same grip like texture as the earbuds (unlike the slick Air Pod charging case).
- Use voice command to connect to Alexa*, Siri or Google Assistant, allowing you to quickly get the information you need. *Operating system dependent.
- Jabra has HearThrough technology.
- Noise-Isolation is really good as they lock in place completely blocking the pathway to your ear canal. They have different size ear tips so you can adjust to your preference.
- There are 6 music presets (adjusted Bass/Mid/Treble) depending on your listening preference. You can even adjust the Bass/Mid/Treble yourself but I wish you could save your adjusted setting as a preset.
- For you bass-heads, bass is slightly lacking. It does a pretty good job but if you need that little extra you might be a little disappointed.
The Jabra Elite Active 65t headphones have a MSRP of $189.99.
Disclosure: I received the Jabra Elite Active 65t in exchange for my honest review. The opinions expressed in my review are my own. No other compensation was given.