Seventh Annual Pig Island Returns To Red Hook, Adds New Chefs
Pig Island and Food Karma projects are thrilled to announce the first round of NYC chefs lining up to take part in the Seventh Annual Pig Island. Benefiting local farms and celebrating both award-winning and up-and-coming chefs, Pig Island truly is a destination-worthy event. You’ll be loving the line-up of chefs when you join Pig Island on Saturday, September 10th from 11:30AM to 4:00PM, in Red Hook, Brooklyn.
Among the chefs already confirmed for this year (subject to change):
- Fletcher’s Brooklyn BBQ – Matt Fisher and Bill Fletcher
- Route 66 Smokehouse – Bill Kooper
- Fleishers Craft Butchery – One of this year’s featured butchering demo
- Danny Mena of Hecho en Dumbo
- Ovelia Psistaria Bar – Peter Giannakas
- Hudson & Charles – Jay Fox with featured butchering demo
- Insa with The Good Fork
- Michael Jenkins of Butter returns for the seventh consecutive year
- Roxanne Spruance of Kingsley
- Delaney BBQ (Daniel Delaney and crew)
- Returning Chef Humberto Guallpa of Calle Dão
- Jacques Gautier – Palo Santo
- Ends Meat – John Ratcliffe
- Ralph Perrazo – BBD’s (Long Island)
- Tomas Perrone ( Pig Guy NYC) – repping Primal Cut
- Chef Jesse Jones
- Jon Bratton of NYC Hot Sauce Co. – Bringing back his fire-roasted Colorado Pueblo Peppers
With more chefs to come, this year’s Pig Island will be adding even more vegetarian and sides options, including Mexican grilled corn, pickles from The Pickle Guys, other fermented foods at the Just Food Kimchi Station, and salads by Tinyfield. All chefs will cook on open grills with Royal Oak Charcoal.
- Crarft beer and cider, including Sixpoint and Virtue Cider (others TBA)
- NY wines, including Red Hook Wiinery
- Whiskey pavilion with Filibuster, High West and other whiskeys TBA
- Mezcal pavilion with Mezcal de Leyenda, Del Maguey, El Buho and other Mezcals TBA
Charitable partners for Pig Island 2016 include Just Food, Heritage Radio Network and Newark Mentoring Movement. This year our featured pig farm is Flying Pigs Farm (in Washington County) and farmer Michael Yezzi.
Pig Island was created in 2010 to support small NY pig farmers. Our mission is to create an upscale culinary event and to buy pigs and directly from NY farmers to give to chefs in a challenge to create snout-to-tail recipes at our annual fest.
Tickets and updates can be found at PigIsland.com.
Posted on August 16, 2016 9:21 am, in Brews, Events, Foodie, For The Guys, Recipes and tagged cider, craft beer, Food, Foodie, mezcal, NY, Pig Island, pork, Red Hook, whiskey, Wine. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.