If you are looking for a flavorful roast recipe, look no further! Your house will smell amazing all day with this cooking in your crock pot! You can eat the roast as you would any other or shred it and eat it on sandwiches. Now lets turn your slow cooker pot roast recipe into a slow cooker appetizer recipe with this recipe for Three Envelope Pot Roast Sliders. These slow cooker sliders are simple to make, as they’re seasoned with three seasoning packets, including onion soup mix, Italian dressing mix and au jus mix. Add a couple more easy ingredients, and you’ve got a tasty appetizer to serve guests.
1 3-4 lb beef roast
1 cup water
1 cup salsa
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1 envelope Au Jus mix
1. Whisk together water, salsa and seasoning packets.
2. Place roast in slow cooker.
3. Pour seasoning mixture over roast.
4. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
Three Envelope Pot Roast recipe (above), shredded
1 pkg. King’s Hawaiian Rolls
Sliced Swiss cheese (1 slice per slider)
Creamy Chipotle Sauce (recipe below)
1. Cut each roll in half and place on a baking sheet.
2. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on the bottom half of each roll.
3. Place baking sheet in oven with broiler on low. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until edges of the rolls are golden and cheese has melted (be sure to watch them closely so they don’t burn!). Remove baking sheet from oven.
4. Place a spoonful of shredded beef on top of each roll with Swiss cheese on it.
5. Spread Creamy Chipotle sauce on the top half of each roll.
6. Assemble each slider by placing the top half of the roll on top of the bottom.
Creamy Chipotle Sauce Ingredients:
1/4 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp chili sauce
2 tsp creamy horseradish sauce