Nothing says “It’s summertime,” like a Food Party on the Pier! We have found Manhattan’s best location for outdoor festivals where all summer long events will feature craft beer, cider, live music and other entertainment, along with great chefs firing up the grills, as we celebrate the best time to be in NYC with amazing water views on the East River waterfront (location: Stuyvesant Cove Park at 23rd and East River).
The first event in Cookout NYC’s Summer Series, Food Party on the Pier kicks off Memorial Day Weekend (May 28-29) with grilling stations, live music, plenty of beer/cider, and two days of festival programming. We’ll have numerous BBQ (both vegetarian and meat) options with “All American” food offerings, plus George Motz’s Battle of the Burgers (Saturday) and Sea2Table Fish Fry (Sunday). With plenty of Sixpoint beer to wash it all down, where else would you want to be this summer?
Each day offers both vending/pay-as-you-go options and an all-inclusive evening “Sunset Session.”
Saturday (5/28), Day Session (12-4PM) – vending/pay-as-you-go ($10 Admission includes one drink ticket; children 12 and under free with paying adult)
- Hard cider and craft beer options (10+ providers), including Sixpoint, Southern Tier, Downeast Ciders, Original Sin with others TBA; plus wine available for purchase
- Come out and browse our line-up of All-American Food, including grilled cheese stations, American-style BBQ, vegetarian dogs and portabella burgers, biscuits, lobster rolls from Luke’s Lobster, seafood from Eddie Oysters Raw Bar, Jimmy’s No. 43, Harry Hawk Schnack Burgers, ice cream, others TBA (food line-up subject to change)
- Live music from Giant Flying Turtles and other entertainment (TBA) with waterfront viewing
Saturday (5/28), Sunset Session (5-9PM) – All-Inclusive Tickets (5-6PM VIP Raw Bar included, 6-9PM is pay-as-you-go)
- George Motz’s Battle of the Burgers—get a jump on all the yummy food options and sample sliders from George Motz, Harry Hawk’s Schnack, Fleisher’s Craft Butchery, Jimmy’s No. 43, Harry Hawk “Schack” burgers and the best vegetarian burgers from Bittergreens, others
- Outdoor Grilling – including vegetarian options (portabella and veggie burgers, salads and sides) with cooking competitions and celebrity chefs
- Sixpoint craft beer and hard cider (10+ options)
- Live music (Tall Pines, Noelle Tannen) and other entertainment
- The best water views in all of Manhattan (watch the sailboats go and the seaplanes arrive as the sun sets)
Sunday (5/29), Day Session (2-4PM) – vending/pay-as-you-go ($10 Admission includes one drink ticket; children 12 and under free with paying adult)
- Same as Saturday except for time of session; live music from Kami Maltz and Food Will Win the War; additional vending from Copenhagen Street Dogs
Sunday (5/29), Sunset Session (5-9PM) – All-Inclusive Tickets (5-6PM VIP Raw Bar included, 6-9PM is pay-as-you-go)
- Same as Saturday except Sea2Table Fish Fry—Sustainable sea food and other specialties from Luke’s Lobster, and Eddie “Oysters” Raw Bar + Po-Boys
- Live music from Noelle Tannen Band and The Shockwaves
Our complete calendar of Summer Series events, ticketing information and updates for CookOut NYC can be found at cookoutnyc.com.
Food Karma Projects is a creative producer of food and media events throughout the New York area. Created by Jimmy Carbone—a NYC-based restaurateur and dedicated social entrepreneur—Food Karma Projects is dedicated to community building by creating unique events that showcase the best local food, chefs, beer and wine, and create a social impact that benefits worthy non-profit groups. foodkarmaprojects.com