Every guy needs his own space. A penthouse apartment to relax after a long day at work, perhaps? Your man cave in your personal space, so do with it what you will! However, we’ve got a few top tricks to make it even better. From relaxing to entertaining, we’ve got you covered. Take a second to think about how you use your apartment. You relax on your own after a hard day. You invite the guys over for the big match or a game of poker. Maybe you host dinner parties and – if you’re really lucky – maybe you invite a girl home.
You’re pad has to fulfill all aspects of your lifestyle, from top to bottom. In this post, we’ll show you the 10 things no guy’s apartment should be without. Stick with us, and let’s jump straight into the good stuff.
1 .Lazy Boy chair – If Friends taught us one thing, it’s that every guy’s apartment needs a Lazy Boy chair. A big, comfy recliner is a treat, and the perfect way to watch your big screen TV (more on that later). It’s an expensive purchase, but it will form the centerpiece of your living area. There’s no comfier way to sit and enjoy a beer or watch the big game. If you’re feeling flush, get two, and share the other with your best friend.
2. Big Screen TV – As we hinted at before, every guy needs a big screen TV. Your pad will quickly become the go-to place for watching sports and films in super high definition. It’s a great way to start a guy’s night in, and keep everyone happy. All you need is a table full of food, and a fridge full of beers; you’re all set! You can now purchase stunning 4K screens, which are four times more powerful than HD. Wow. Don’t forget to invest in the subwoofer and sound system to match!
3. Games console – Some of you may have grown out of gaming during your teens. For other, it’s still a full-time obsession. And who can blame you, with so much good stuff on offer right now? There’s never been a better time for gaming. In fact, you can now stream actual gaming tournaments online these days. Whether you’re an XBox or PS4 kind-of-guy, choose your weapon (or choose both), and set it up with the big screen TV. It’s a great way to unwind on your own, or you can invite the guys round (again), and have a gaming competition.
4. Foosball table – Let’s face it, when you settle down with children, you’re not going to get a foosball table in the living room. So, when else are you going to get the chance? The ultimate bachelor pad should have a foosball table in the corner. You can wheel it out when your friends are over, and it’s a fantastic centerpiece. It’s also a great talking point at the pub. It’s just a bit of fun, but that’s what your apartment should be all about!
5. A view – Every good bachelor pad should come with a killer view. A beautiful view over the city skyline is always mesmerizing and breathtaking. Again, it’s a brilliant talking point or centerpiece when you’re hosting friends. It’s also a romantic place for a date if things are going well!
6. BBQ or pit barrel cooker – If you’re lucky enough to have a balcony, you should definitely invest in a BBQ. We all know that guys love to grill. Go to any garden party or BBQ event, and you’ll find the guys gathered around, poking the steaks. Perhaps you’re lucky enough to have a roof space to entertain. A BBQ is the perfect way to get to know your neighbors or just invite your friends round. If you’re looking for a cleaner alternative to a BBQ, check out Pit Barrel Cooker Co. It’s manly as they come, and it cooks perfect food.
7. A good set of knives – Talking of meat, you’re going to need a good set of knives in your kitchen. Every self-respecting man should know how to cook a few special dishes in the kitchen. And that requires a sharp set of knives for any occasion. If you’re using the BBQ, you’re definitely going to need a good carving knife too. Don’t skimp on your knife set. Get the best you can afford, and keep the sharp.
8. A suit – We firmly believe that every man should invest in a tailored suit. Every guy deserves to look good, and you’d think a suit is the easy route. Unfortunately, an ill-fitting suit can ruin the illusion completely. Don’t be scared to spend some money on one tailored suit for your closet. You can wear it to special occasions or just wear it to work. Whatever the event, always make sure you have a good suit in your closet.
9. Wet bar – Not only is a wet bar a useful piece of equipment, it’s cool as hell! Set up a small corner of your apartment to host the wet bar, and gather all your favorite spirits. Keep a small standalone beer fridge underneath, so you always have a chilled brewski. Keep some ice cubes and crushed ice along with it, so you can make a cocktail, or just pour a whiskey on the rocks. This is always a great party piece.
10. Artwork – One thing guys often tend to get wrong is the decoration of their apartments. You’re looking for a good balance of simplicity and sophistication. Yet, many guys keep the walls completely empty. It can give the apartment an empty and cold feeling. Take this opportunity to unleash your artistic side! Pick your favorite piece of artwork, and hang it on the walls. If you’re not sure where to start, head to your local art shop, and see what takes your fancy.
That’s all for now, folks. Have I missed any crucial guy essentials? Let me know in the comments below!