Uncle Frank’s Eggnog
Christmas is 1 week away. I have something to get you right into the mood to get yourself back up and so you can complete your last minute shopping or decorating. You guessed it. EGGNOG! Nothing says “holiday spirit” like a glass of eggnog! It tastes like Christmas, and when you combine just a few simple ingredients, you have a treat the whole family can enjoy. Learn how to make easy eggnog for your family, a traditional batch large enough for a party, or a glass of iced eggnog to enjoy on your own.
Our favorite eggnog recipe was given to us years back by a close family friend. Since then every year more than one batch is sure to be made.
- 6 Eggs
- 2/3 cups of sugar
- 2 cups cream sherry
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 1/2 quarts of Breyers vanilla ice cream
- 6 Eggs 2/3 cups of sugar beat with mixer until thick and deep yellow.
- Add 2 cups cream sherry, 1 cup of whole milk.
- Slowly add 1 1/2 quarts of Breyers vanilla ice cream mix until smooth (NO ice cream lumps)
- Serve with a dash of nutmeg on top.