Mets Banner Day Is Coming June 14th
Posted by Ray Gruenfelder
The New York Mets today announced Mets broadcasters Howie Rose and Steve Gelbs along with WOR morning show personality Todd Schnitt will serve as judges for Banner Day, Sunday, June 14 at Citi Field. Tickets start at $15 and are available at Mets.com/BannerDay and (718) 507-TIXX.
The judges will select three finalists to join the online Banner Day winner and fans at the ballpark and at home will vote for the winner through an online vote. Fans who created the winning banner will receive four VIP tickets, the opportunity to watch batting practice from the field and a non-game day Citi Field tour.
Banner Day was a Mets tradition from 1963 to 1996 with fans of all ages parading on the field showing their homemade banners made from bed sheets that professed their love for the team. Banner Day returned in 2012 as part of the Mets’ 50th Anniversary season.
Banner Day Participants to Check In at Bullpen Plaza, Registration Begins at 10:00 a.m., Space is Limited
Banner Day Tickets Start at $15 and Are Available at Mets.com/Banner Day and (718) 507-TIXX
Fans planning on participating in the pre-game, on-field parade on June 14, should follow these guidelines:
- Banner Day participants must have tickets to the game
- Participants must check in at the Bullpen Plaza on 126th Street at 37th Avenue
- Registration begins at 10:00 a.m. Space is limited
- Banners must be bigger than 22” by 28”
- Banners cannot have vulgar or abusive language
- Banners can be commercially produced, but can’t have commercial messages (Websites or Social Media handles are not allowed)
- There is a maximum of four people per banner
- The Mets reserve the right to deny access to the field to any banner or person that is deemed inappropriate