Holiday party anyone? I don’t know about you, but I love party appetizer meatballs. These are particularly fun, in that they are sweet, tangy and savory, all at once. Cheerful little flavor balls in a festive, cranberry oragnge glaze. Yum! Just in time for the holidays, bring this simple recipe to your next party or gathering. It’s sure to please! You can make these ahead and freeze them without the glaze, then the day of the party, defrost them and simply reheat in the sauce.
Serves: 18 (Main Course)/36 (Appetizer)
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Ready In: 75 Minutes
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 4 lbs. natural 85% lean ground beef
- 4 Tbsp. All-Purpose beef seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2 (14 oz.) cans cranberry jelly
- 3 cups BBQ sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pulse bread in blender or food processor to make soft crumbs.
2. Combine crumbs with ground beef, seasoning and eggs in a large bowl.
3. Form 1 Tbsp. scoops of mixture into 1″ meatballs and place on foil lined 10″ x 15″ baking sheet.
4. Bake until 165 degrees in center (about 30 minutes).
5. While meatballs cook, combine remaining ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally.
6. Add meatballs, continue to simmer until sauce thickens slightly (about 30 minutes).
Also check out my recipe for cocktail meatballs here for a slight variation.