Steadicam Curve For GoPro HERO Earns 2015 CES Innovation Awards Honoree Accolade
The Tiffen Company, a leading manufacturer of award-winning imaging accessories, was honored last week at the 2015 International CES Unveiled New York, where Steadicam Curve for GoPro HERO took home an Honoree accolade in the Digital Imaging product category, as part of the 2015 CES Innovation Awards.
“We’re thrilled to receive this prestigious honor, and thank the Consumer Electronics Association Innovation Awards Team for recognizing Steadicam Curve for GoPro HERO, a must-have accessory for the hottest camera on the market,” says Steve Tiffen, President and CEO, Tiffen.“Since Curve started shipping late this summer, we’ve been excited by the response from users and inspired by the videos they’ve shot with the Curve and GoPro cameras, and look forward to seeing the wide range of action videos they are capturing.”
The CES Innovation Awards is a prestigious and selective annual competition honoring outstanding design and engineering in consumer technology products. A three-member judging team made up of an independent industrial designer, an independent engineer and a member of the trade press evaluated and scored the submissions, based on the following criteria:
1. Engineering qualities
2. Aesthetic and design qualities
3. The product’s intended use/function and user value
4. Why the product deserves the Innovation Award, including specifics regarding its unique/novel features and features that consumers would find attractive
5. How the design and innovation of this product directly compare to other products in the market place
Best of Innovation award winners will be honored at CES in Las Vegas, January 6–9, 2015.
About Steadicam Curve
Curve is designed specifically for action-packed, one-handed GoPro camera shoots. Combining Curve’s compact form factor with Steadicam’s legendary stabilization technology, the possibilities for shake-free video are now endless for GoPro users. For the most adventurous shots, GoPro users can lock in the ergonomic handle for unparalleled stabilization. At just a half-pound, Curve is the perfect companion for any journey all over the world.
Steadicam CURVE Product Features and Benefits
- Lightweight, durable aluminum frame
- Standard GoPro® quick-release mount
- Fine tune adjustment knob for precise balance
- Collapsible handle for compact storage and portability or for use as a GoPro® hand grip
- Built-in mount works with GoPro® HERO®, GoPro HERO2®, GoPro® HERO®3, GoPro® HERO®3+ (LCD BacPac® or LCD Touch BacPac® required), and GoPro® HERO®4 cameras. Optional Curve Weight Kit No. 818-7910 ($12.95 USD) is required for some GoPro HERO camera configurations. More details: http://www.tiffen.com/steadicam_curve_compatibility.html.
- Available in four colors: Black, Blue, Red, Silver
- Weight: ½ lb.
- Height: 6⅜”
Steadicam Curve for GoPro HERO cameras is available for 99.95 USD.
Posted on November 18, 2014 11:07 am, in The Jock, The Tech Geek and tagged CES Unveiled, GoPro, Hero, Steadicam Curve, Steadicam Curve For GoPro HERO, technology, Tiffen. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.