At our house we all love meatloaf and especially this time of year is perfect. We found this great recipe many years ago. Some may call it the #1 meatloaf ever! If you are looking for a meatloaf recipe that everyone will enjoy this is it! It is YUMMULISHIOUS! Is that a word? I don’t know but anyway I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Great comfort food for that Fall day!
Tip: Don’t line loaf pan with foil as meat still sticks & it may give a tinny taste. Use parchment paper or better yet, an unlined, un-greased silicone loaf pan.
Total Time: 50-60 minutes
1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
1/3 cup tomato juice
1/2 tsp. each of salt and black pepper
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
2 eggs beaten
3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
2 tsp. prepared mustard
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
2 tsp. brown sugar
Fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
1. In a large bowl combine ketchup, tomato juice, salt, black pepper, red peppers, eggs, bread crumbs, onion and mustard until mixed well.
2. Add ground beef.. Mix gently but thoroughly.
3. Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with foil. Press in beef mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the topping ingredients, mixing well.
5. Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes, until no longer pink.
6. Drain off fat. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
What do you think about this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
Feel free to try my Manly Double Meatloaf as well.
Posted on October 23, 2014 9:37 am, in The Chef, The Foodie and tagged Bake, Beef, brown sugar, Cottage Meatloaf, dairy free, egg, garnish, Juice, ketchup, meat, meatloaf, mustard, onion, pepper, Recipe, salt, The Foodie. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.